i
r
r
loverofbooks16 loverofbooks16
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I need the answers to these questions PLEASE!  Slight Smile

7. What happens to the amount of total force that the muscle generates during the stimulated twitch?

38. Based on the unique arrangement of myosin and actin in skeletal muscle sarcomeres, explain why active force varies with changes in the muscle’s resting length.

39. What range of skeletal muscle lengths generated passive force?

40. If you were curling a 7-kg dumbbell, when would your bicep muscles be contracting isometrically?
Read 3047 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
7. What happens to the amount of total force that the muscle generates during the stimulated twitch?

Total force is altered by the starting resting length. My prediction was correct in that it would change either way, with either lengthening the muscle or shortening it, both methods changed the total force generated by the muscle. If the muscle is lengthened the passive force increases, and if the muscle is shortened the active force increases. With each force (a&p) the total force is changed depending on the amount of either A or P forces.

38. Based on the unique arrangement of myosin and actin in skeletal muscle sarcomeres, explain why active force varies with changes in the muscle’s resting length.

Active force is generated from myosin thick filaments bind to thin actin filaments, engaging the cross bridge cycle and ATP hydrolysis. Active force data changes as the resting length of the muscle changes. When the resting length of the muscle is shortened, the active force amount increases. When the resting length of the muscle is lengthened, the active force amount decreases. The change in the active force amount is completely caused by the amount of myosis bound to actin.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=8044.0
wrote...
10 years ago
Make sure you always cross-reference your answers, not everyone has the right/thoughtful answers

Review Sheet Results
1. What happens to the amount of total force the muscle generates during the stimulated twitch? How well did the results
compare with your prediction?
Your answer:
My prediction was correct, my data shows the correlation of decreased length and a decrease of total force
2. What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle?
Your answer:
The force generated is dependent on the lenght of the muscle while contracting
3. Based on the unique arrangement of myosin and actin in skeletal muscle sarcomeres, explain why active force varies
with changes in the muscle's resting length.
Your answer:
Myosin bounding to actin causes the change in active force. The active force changes as the resting lenght of the muscle
changes. When the muscle is shortened, then its the active force thats increase (vice versa).
4. What skeletal muscle lengths generated passive force? (Provide a range.)
Your answer:
The lenghts that generate passive force was 80mm through 100mm
5. If you were curling a 7-kg dumbbell, when would your bicep muscles be contracting isometrically?
Your answer:
It would be contracting isometrically when your arm straight out, without extending it all the way
padre,  chuyee
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Thank you, Lexstine523.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1335 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion