l
t
S
m
s
Deera Deera
wrote...
10 years ago
I wonder if I should take d3 because even though I live in a sunny place, I avoid the sun (when I go outside for more than 2-3 minutes I wear sunscreen, hat, long sleeves, etc) because I am very fair skinned and burn really quickly. I also don't eat or drink any d rich foods on a regular basis (as far as I know anyway--I have done some research and it seems like I either don't like or can't eat most of the food sources).

Im just curious because I know vitamin d is important for bone and tooth health. How much should I take if I should take it? Would 3000 2 times a week be good or do I need to take it every day? Thanks!
Read 7645 times
12 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
10 years ago
Do you drink milk at all? If you drink a glass a day, most milk is fortified with calcium and D3. Typically, that's is enough to satisfy your bodies needs. How young are you?
Deera Author
wrote...
10 years ago
No, but I do drink almond milk maybe 1-2 times a week (not sure if it has d or not). I am 20.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
10 years ago
Consider drinking cows milk if you aren't lactose intolerant. Almond milk is fine, just make sure it is fortified with Vitamin D3 - if not, you'll need to seek alternatives.
Deera Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Consider drinking cows milk if you aren't lactose intolerant. Almond milk is fine, just make sure it is fortified with Vitamin D3 - if not, you'll need to seek alternatives.

Thanks for your help! Cows milk is out, but I will try to drink almond milk more often. I checked and it does have 25% of the daily recommend amount of d in one cup.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
10 years ago

Thanks for your help! Cows milk is out, but I will try to drink almond milk more often. I checked and it does have 25% of the daily recommend amount of d in one cup.

So, that means four glasses. Also, incorporate fish into your meal, salmon preferably.
wrote...
10 years ago
adults can take up to 5000 units of Vit D3
Deera Author
wrote...
10 years ago

That's good to know. Thanks, both of you.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago

Careful with that claim, this stuff is not water soluble and can accumulate quickly
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
10 years ago

That's good to know. Thanks, both of you.

You're welcome, and thanks for your question, Deera.
Anonymous Author
wrote...
10 years ago
If possible have a blood test done to see if you are low (you might be surprised). You probably get some sun in cars and other places. Usually 1000 units is the recommendation unless you are very low.
wrote...
9 years ago
I wonder if I should take d3 because even though I live in a sunny place, I avoid the sun (when I go outside for more than 2-3 minutes I wear sunscreen, hat, long sleeves, etc) because I am very fair skinned and burn really quickly. I also don't eat or drink any d rich foods on a regular basis (as far as I know anyway--I have done some research and it seems like I either don't like or can't eat most of the food sources).

Im just curious because I know vitamin d is important for bone and tooth health. How much should I take if I should take it? Would 3000 2 times a week be good or do I need to take it every day? Thanks!

Usually your daily dairy products will be sufficient enough, your body is made to absorb the vitamins from the items you eat daily.  If you are concerned, you should ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D levels.  I highly recommend you take a multi-vitamin daily, they usually contain the vitamins needed for a healthy body.
wrote...
9 years ago
Usually your daily dairy products will be sufficient enough, your body is made to absorb the vitamins from the items you eat daily.  If you are concerned, you should ask your doctor to check your Vitamin D levels.  I highly recommend you take a multi-vitamin daily, they usually contain the vitamins needed for a healthy body.

tnx! best answer.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  950 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?