10 years ago
Help with studying for TEAS v 5.0 what did you use to pass
Read 3089 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
I found the TEAS V exam to be relatively easy. That, likely, is because I got decent grades in the prerequisite courses. I also took a pre-test, found out my weak areas, worked on those for a week or two, and took another pre-test and did VERY well on that. I ended up getting something like an 87 or an 88 on the TEAS and if you were to look at the percentage of scores from where I was at, I was the 99th percentile. My school requires a minimum passing score of 67 and as you can tell, I very easily surpassed that.

The main thing is that the schools set their own standard for what they consider "passing" while the TEAS folks have shown that generally speaking, a score of 62 on the TEAS V (or 67 on the TEAS IV) is highly predictive of being able to pass Nursing School.

Don't stress too much, just make sure you know the basic material, take a pre-test about a month out, then study your weak areas, then take another pre-test about a week out, and as long as you've got a decent score, you'll do just fine on the "real thing." Those ATI pre-tests really are pretty close to the genuine article and the score you'll get from those pre-tests will be in the ball-park of what you'll get on the exam day.

In my case, like the person above me said, I found the TEAS V to be relatively straight forward and decently plain English. I didn't find it all that stressful, but it wasn't a cakewalk either. You just have to know the basics and take enough time to actually read the question that you're asked to answer. Their questions aren't designed to trick you. There will be only one right answer and that answer should be VERY obvious if you know the material and actually read the question, read the answers, and re-read the question.

The biggest thing for you is to simply not panic. You do that and your brain will lock up so badly that you'll need a swift boot to the head to unlock it... or some time to process it all later.
wrote...
10 years ago
I found it to be manageable. I didn't study at all the first time I took it and was surprised with the science difficulty I had. I did great in all the other areas. For the retake, I focused on studying science... I made sure to be familiar with codon sequencing, the way blood flows through the heart, meiosis/mitosis, Punnett squares, calculating different weather temps, why the periodic table is laid out the way it is, etc.

Math just make sure to be familiar with basic quadratic equations, multiplying/adding/subtracting/dividing fractions, PEMDAS, percentages and decimals.

Good luck!
wrote...
10 years ago
I just took this test two days ago and got an 83.3, but I studied two days before and didn't cover each section well. Reading for me was frustrating since it had long passages to read, and I was nervous so couldn't concentrate that well and scored 78% . Math wasn't too bad so I got a 90 and 92 in science which was a breeze!! I got a 70 in grammar and mainly lost points on spelling and punctuation. I don't know, maybe if I studied grammar and practiced reading I'd do better, but since English is my second language then that could be the case. I am wondering if I should retake this test and try to improve my reading and English scores, but I don't know if it'll be worth it.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1129 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249