a
t
i
r
r
Byaaag Byaaag
wrote...
10 years ago
How do I read the assigned books/text on time? Should I use food as a reward system or listen to the audio version of books?
Read 998 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
read, learning is fun.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
How do I read the assigned books/text on time? Should I use food as a reward system or listen to the audio version of books?

Without music is best. If you listen music while reading, the process goes faster, but you recollect the matter far less. Re-read key points over and over again.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
1. Read the summary at the end of the chapter.

2. Read the study questions at the end of the chapter.

3. See if you can find answers in the textbook to the study questions. If you do, make a note in the margin: "Answer to study question #3," or whatever number it was.
wrote...
10 years ago
Try reading a summary of the text if you can find any, and it'll help you understand the text quicker.
I'd hide any distractions, as well, if I were you. Put your phone on silent and hide it so you don't get the urge to check for notifications every now and then.
Other than that, just read, read, read. You'll eventually just get engrossed in the reading and you'll finish before you know it.
me1
wrote...
10 years ago
audio version should be as an addition but not as the primary source of learning.
just this random person
wrote...
10 years ago
read summary, read an analysis of whatever you're reading so you understand it in general, and then read it all by yourself so you can decode it along the way and understand all the details. it will sink in. if rewards help you, yes. but you have to be firm on the standards you give yourself before giving yourself the reward.
wrote...
10 years ago
NO AUDIO VERSION. They are so monotone that you would lose complete interest.  You have to tell yourself it's interesting. Reveal your inner bookworm and occasionally stop and think about what you're reading. Odds are you'll enjoy it once you're interested. Plus it's easier that way.
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
I think that learning is a strategy and that people learn in different ways. You know you best so see what strategy works best for you!
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1128 People Browsing
 102 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?