l
t
S
m
s
GaiaGirl95 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
I read an article somewhere that said 30% of the US population can't swim. I know about 60 or so 'stereotypical nerds' and I know only 3 or 4 that can swim and they're usually the least ''nerdy'' of the nerds. The nerdiest ones would sink like rocks if they fell into deep water.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
You should do a nation-wide study on this. Intellect versus ability to swim!
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
Correlation does not mean causation. Being a nerd does not have anything to do with swimming. A person will know how to swim if they have been taught.
wrote...
9 years ago
it's not that "nerds" don't know how to swim...it's just that most "nerds", or say "book-worms" would rather spend more time studying or indoors than outdoor or any physical activities. but i know many smart studious ppl who can swim as well and are very active...i think you are not meeting enough ppl and basing all off on your personal experiences or stories heard lol
wrote...
9 years ago
That's a pretty cool topic, most nerds would probably not have the time to engage in activities such as swimming because they are focused more around knowledge. It would be something worth researching more about.  Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Are you actually encouraging this idea? I think (well, I hope) Padre was just kidding.
wrote...
9 years ago
There's no correlation between nerds and swimming. If anything they should know how to calculate optimal hand and feet movements to ensure efficient swimming.  Face with Stuck-out Tongue
wrote...
9 years ago
I don't think there's any relation between being a nerd and not knowing how to swim..take a class at your local pool, it's lots of fun!
wrote...
9 years ago
i wouldnt say all nerds. so people in general because i am not a nerd and i cannot swim.
this is why i dont go near the water, or too far in the deep end. haha
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
I don't think that "nerds" do not know how to swim. People have different weaknesses and strengths. I don't think it's fair to generalize people.
If you are reading this, you are awesome, and I wish you a happy and prosperous day!
wrote...
9 years ago
Obviously it's normal...

wrote...
9 years ago
I think nerdiness has absolutely nothing to  do with your capability of swimming. You could definitely learn if your heart is there
wrote...
9 years ago
Yes, its normal because they would rather play Disc golf, Dance Dance Revoluation, laser tag and Wii fitness. On their down time, they are reading comic books.

Don't hate. I consider that very physically active ok. They don't have to swim like fish to fit in.
Life life like it's your last day
wrote...
9 years ago
I think children who take swimming lessons are able to swim and those who dont are not as strong swimmers?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  761 People Browsing
 110 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?