t
i
r
r
farmerb farmerb
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, farmerb
The following is some information and finding on The State on California's salt water marshes. Review this information below before answering the questions on California's wetlands quality.

∙ 85% of the State's salt marshes were in good to very good health; 35% of salt marsh acreage reflected very good hydrology and marsh plant community structure; 65% had large, intact buffers.
∙ Salt marsh health generally declined from Northern to southern California, consistent with a trend in increasing urbanization.
∙ Dikes and levees were among the most frequent and most severe physical stressors.
∙ California has 2.9 million acres of wetlands.
∙ Estimates of total historical wetland loss vary for California. Some regional studies have reported loss rates up to 90% (Dahl et al. 1991). Some wetland types, such as vernal pools, riparian habitat and coastal wetlands have experienced disproportionately higher rates of loss (Holland, 2009; SF Bay Habitat Goals Report Project, 1999; Katibah, 1984; Dawdy, 1989). Wetland loss has occurred as land was converted from natural habitat to urban and agricultural land uses.
∙ California has made substantial progress over the last ten years in identifying, acquiring, restoring and enhancing wetlands.

From the data provided, approximately how many acres of wetlands did California originally have?

I thought the formula would have been x-.90x=2,900,000

Where am I going wrong/what is the answer?
Textbook 
The Environment and You

The Environment and You

Edition: 2nd
Authors:
Read 735 times
1 Reply