t
S
m
s
vshiroky vshiroky
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Suppose it is a hot summer day (40.0 degrees C = 104.0 degrees F), and you have left a can of hairspray outside so the gas within it is now at the same temperature of its surroundings. As part of your chemistry lab class, you have to build a safe and effective potato gun to share with the local elementary school, and you must be sure that the combustion chamber is well insulated and will not harm (burn) the shooter. You spray the warm hairspray into the 3.50 L chamber on your gun. You seal the cap, then ignite it, and the resulting gas expands to 13.0 L as the potato is shot out. What is the final temperature, in Celsius, inside the combustion chamber? What is this temperature in Fahrenheit? [SHOW ALL WORK] Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth Face with Open Mouth
Read 406 times
1 Reply
Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
For this I used Charles’s law  which is basically V1 (volume 1) over Temp 1 equals Volume 2 over Temp 2.  Which worked out to 4 liters over 32 C =17L/x or 136C
To convert 136 degrees C to Fahrenheit  I multiplied 136x9/5 and I added 32 which gave me 276.8 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1095 People Browsing
Gallery

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585