t
i
r
r
tswayd tswayd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I decided that I want to research in stem cell biology anyone working in this field? How is progress in the field please? I'm interested thanks. I want to connect it to overall cell biology if I could.
Read 315 times
3 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
padrepadre
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
Top Poster
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile

Related Topics

tswayd Author
wrote...
10 years ago
It's a very difficult field. Do you enjoy developmental biology? It's perhaps the most challenging topic in biology - that and genetics. I knew of one cell biologist - my genetics prof. You could get hired by the university you do your PhD in, that's where you are mostly limited to. Otherwise, you may get hired by a pharmaceutical company. In terms of projects, there are new publications daily, so there's always something new to discover.

Cool! thank you. I do enjoy stimulating challenges. I know I want to work in biology and developmental/stem cell biology right now looks very cool. I originally thought I wanted to do plant or microbial research but this area seems a little cooler now. A lot of developmental biology pertains to plants and microbes anyway.

My major is biochemistry so I feel like I've gotten my does of chemistry, I want to move more into pure biology research now, enough with chemicals. My molecular biology class was one of the hardest I've taken. I'm excited for this challenge hope I can get into the field.
Post Merge: 10 years ago

Some of plant biology still looks interesting to me though, like I'm still interested in plant biochemistry. I guess I can learn that stuff on my own I have to choose something to focus in anyway.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Some of plant biology still looks interesting to me though, like I'm still interested in plant biochemistry. I guess I can learn that stuff on my own I have to choose something to focus in anyway.

Same, out of my last two years, I found botany to be the most interesting, because for the first time it went beyond just needing to know what xylem and phloem do. There's a lot to discover in plant biology only because not a lot of researchers are interested in plants.

GL
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1071 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?