t
S
m
s
devangpat devangpat
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Does my brother have a chance of getting in medical school. He has a GPA of 2.9 currently end of junior year and MCAT he has a 35. Volunteering hour 400+ and shadowed doctors. He also worked alot in the pharmacy and had a internship at a pharmacy tech. Heavily involved in extra circular clubs and activity throughout the year. He said he can bring the GPA upto a 3.2 if he does really well the next year!
Read 3757 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Unfortunately this industry is cut throat, especially in Canada and the US. He has a shot of getting in if you goes down south to the Caribbean, but only if it is increased to 3.2. At the end of the day, they are looking for doctors-to-be that are competent, not confident.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
I would have to agree with the first post!  Going to medical school in the Caribbean would be a better option for him.  In order to be able to attend medical school in the United State, a student would need at least a 3.5 GPA minimum. 
wrote...
9 years ago
Yes the Caribbean is an option, but miracles do happen. I've seen the unexplainable happen! I would recommend that he works hard to get the best GPA, make sure to revise well his CV and do everything in excellence! Medical schools are not only looking into good grades and score, they want to see passionate and diverse people!
Doctor
wrote...
9 years ago
Honestly, he probably doesn't. Some medical schools will screen you out if your GPA and/or MCAT isn't a certain number. Miracles do happen, but it is unlikely.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  886 People Browsing
 107 Signed Up Today
Related Images