r
d
l
a
geri0108 geri0108
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
9 years ago
Dose somebody could help me with the homework from chapter 17 Part A  Reviewing protein structure

Drag each label into the appropriate bin depending on whether it applies to primary, secondary, tertiary, or quaternary structure.
I attached the picture
Thanks
 Attached file 
(106.83 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 25277 times
14 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Donated
9 years ago
Primary Structure
  • The linear sequence of amino acids.
Secondary Structure
  • Describes the alpha-helices and beta-sheets that are formed by hydrogen bonding between backbone atoms located near each other in the polypeptide chain.
Tertiary Structure
  • When a protein folds into a compact, three-dimensional shape stabilized by interactions between side-chain r-groups of amino acids (hydrogen bonds, ionic bonds, hydrophobic and van der Waals interactions).
Quaternary Structure
  • When two or more protein subunits assemble to form a larger, biologically active protein complex.
bio_man,  sophie_roberts,  raven74b,  mattg23,  JungShil,  acchu827
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you so much for the help. I hope people continue to do this and I hope that I can people in the near future.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you!
spoonbbabes
Answer accepted by topic starter
hbgtdnsharehbgtdnshare
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, hbgtdnshare
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free