t
S
m
s
jerikamiller jerikamiller
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
If anyone could help me with these that would be great! I've been trying for the past couple of days to figure it out and I can't. These are the last few problems I have on my physioex..

1. A nerve is a bundle of axons, and some nerves are less sensitive to lidocaine. If a nerve, rather than an axon, had been used in the lidocaine experiment, the responses recorded at R1 and R2 would be the sum of all the action potentials (called a compoud action potential). Would the response at R2 after lidocaine application necessarily be zero? Why or why not?

2. What is the relationship between the interspike interval and the frequency of action potentials?

3. Why is the resting membrane potential the same value in both the sensory neuron and the interneuron?

4. Why did you need to change the timescale on the oscilloscope for each axon?

This has to be turned in tonight during my lab so if anyone could help me out as soon as possible it would be much appreciated!
Read 1409 times
2 Replies