t
i
r
r
trm76 trm76
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I am a Childhood with Special Education major with a concentration in math. I completed Calculus I in high school and Calculus II last semester. Both classes were challenging for me, but I recieved an A in both. Now I have the option to take Elementary Linear Algebra or Calculus III and I'm not sure which I would rather take. Could somebody give me a brief overview of what each class covers? Is one easier than the other?
The way my program is set up, I only have to take one or the other. And I will not be taking Calc IV at all.
Read 548 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
If your Calc III is multivariate/multivariable/vector calculus, that would generally be considered the hardest general math class you'll ever take.  It's all the calculus you've done but multi-dimensional and parametric, in multiple coordinate systems, and then some.  Linear algebra is setting up systems of equations in a linear form, that is, all equations form lines, which mean only simple coefficients with no exponents, so that you can solve the system with defined generalized matrix operations.

My add-on question is: would there be a benefit of waiting to take linear algebra after Calc IV (differential equations)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1266 People Browsing
 118 Signed Up Today
Related Images