t
i
r
r
tridigszx3 tridigszx3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
At my school, Calc 2 is a prereq for Matrix (linear) Algebra.  I would really like to take these to together so that this summer I can move on to Differential Equations, Calc 3 and Intro to Abstract Math.  Do I need to get conscent from faculty, or should I just sign up?  Also, would it even be possible to take both together?  It seems to me like it would be fine...
I agree I don't see that the two overlap a great amount, I'm attempting to be a math major too...I just have to get through all these because I had changed my major twice before...

I emailed my calc 1 prof who is teaching the class this semester but he's really slow to respond and I don't want the seats to get taken up...
Read 656 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
To me it seems like an odd arrangement of classes. Usually, as far as I've seen, lots of people who take calc 2 are then put into multi-variable calculus.

However, since you're that high in math there's really no limit to what you're allowed to take.
wrote...
9 years ago
It really depends. The school I went to really didn't care, but you should ask your adviser. Linear algebra is closely related to differential equations, so your school's curriculum sounds really weird. My school required differential equations and calc 3 before linear algebra. But anyway, good luck.
wrote...
9 years ago
I dont see the need for calc 2 in linear algebra...so you can take them both together.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  900 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4