t
i
r
r
tswayd tswayd
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hi everyone. I'm a twenty four year old and I just finished college wit h a degree in biochemistry. I wanted to get into graduate school but I  didn't get in. I was thinking of working for a year and applying again  but part of me thinks I'm not ready for more school.

I love science but I think I'm too lazy to apply myself to the rigors of grad school. I feel like I'm still too young and a PhD is for older people who have aged into themselves a bit more. Also I've been thinking of finding a job in industry rather than pursue more schooling right away. The idea of making some money rather than chasing more schooling just seems smarter to me right now.

My main question is is it alright for me to feel too young for grad school? I feel too young for a PhD although I like learning. I know some of my classmates are in grad school right now and some of my professors finished when they were twenty eight. But I also know others who started grad school in their thirties so I don't think I have to start right away.
Read 1408 times
1 Reply