a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago
There are so many sad story in real life, and get a feeling of broken heart (emotional, not physical aspects). Those feeling is so strong, and if we look into the cells level, those signal of feeling is transferred between cells into brain.  If those signal can be blocked, so we can feel less sad for a while, do our body work this way? I would like to know why panadol cannot reduce those sad feeling during this process.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Panadol is now thought that it works by reducing the production of prostaglandins in the brain and spinal cord.

Prostaglandins are produced by the body in response to injury and certain diseases. One of their actions is to sensitise nerve endings, so that when the injury is stimulated it causes pain (presumably to prevent us from causing further harm to the area). As paracetamol reduces the production of these nerve sensitising prostaglandins it is thought it may increase our pain threshold, so that although the injury remains, we can feel it less."

Ref: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/aches-and-pains/medicines/panadol.html
Read 505 times
2 Replies