r
d
l
a
rach1987 rach1987
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Do any of the items you selected provide more than 30% in any nutritional area? If so, which foods and which nutrients? Why did you choose those foods?

What did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?
Read 481 times
2 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
What did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?

Usually high in trans and saturated fats, and carbohydrates...
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
1.   Explain why the menu of food choices you made is nutritious, meaning the food choices follow the government's recommendations for calories and nutrients.

Based on my information, I am a female, age around 19 to 30 and I just do moderately active per day, so my food choice menu is about 2100 calories. According to government’s requirement healthy calories from 2000 to 2400, so my food choice is match the requirement. Then my food choice’s total fat is less than 65 grams, the saturated fat is less than 20 grams, cholesterol is less than 300 milligrams, sodium is less than 2400 milligrams, carbohydrate is at least 300 grams, dietary fiber is at least 25grams, protein is 50 grams. So base on government’s recommendations for nutrients, the menu of food choice I made is nutritious.

2.   How does a 2,000 calorie daily menu compare to your recommended calorie intake amount on the chart? What would you do to your 2,000 calorie menu to make it better match your recommended calorie intake?

About 2000 calories daily menu, I think this daily menu is healthy menu. My recommended calories intake is more than 2000. If I do not do any exercise every day and I eat more than 2000 calories’ food, so my food choice is not healthy. If I do not do any exercise, I should maintain my daily menu is 2000 calorie, I should not eat too much sweets or prepared foods. I can more vegetables, fruits or low calories food.

3.   How can you use the Nutrition Facts label to make healthy decisions?

Base on nutrition facts label, total fat grams should be less than 65 grams on a daily basis; Saturated fat grams should be less than 20 grams on a daily basis; we consume as few grams of trans fat as possible; Cholesterol milligrams should be less than 300 milligrams on a daily basis; Sodium milligrams should be less than 2400 milligrams on a daily basis; Total Carbohydrates should be at least 300 grams on a daily basis; Dietary fiber should be least 25 grams on a daily basis; A daily value has not been established for sugar; Protein is 50 grams. Base on different sex, different age, different activity, we need choose different calories. We also need add some vitamins in our daily menu.

4.   Did the menu you created contain the foods you like to eat? Explain why or why not.

Yes, I like to eat. Because I need to eat rice in lunch and Dinner, if I do not eat rice, I will feel so hungry at midnight. Rice also low total fat, low cholesterol, low protein, low sodium and so on. I think this is a good food for me. I like to eat applesauce. In my snack, I like to eat banana and applesauce, this two foods both have low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, high carbohydrate, so this two foods also is healthy food. In my breakfast, I like to eat potato ships and bread white, these two foods both have a high carbohydrate. I also like to eat carrots and tomato, because I think carrots and tomato can give me some vitamins.

5.   Do any of the items you selected provide more than 30% in any nutritional area? If so, which foods and which nutrients? Why did you choose those foods?

The total fat is more than 30%. I food chose are rice, chocolate almond candy, bread white, yogurt low fat, dry roast, potato chips and mashed potatoes, because I will eat these foods in my daily life. Rice, chocolate almond candy, yogurt is my favorite food. My total fat is less than 65g. The carbohydrate is more than 30%. I choose the rice, banana, applesauce, carrots, cereal, tomato, yogurt, dry roasted, mashed potato, cola, bread. I think I eat these foods I can keep healthy, because my food chose have fruits, meet and rice and my carbohydrate is at least 300g. The sodium and protein are also more than 30%. My food chose are cereal, rice, banana, mashed potatoes, tomato, yogurt, dry roasted and so on. These foods also have enough sodium and protein, but my foods’ sodium is less than 2400mg and my foods’ protein is less than 50g.

6. hat did you notice about the nutrients in fast foods?

The nutrients in fast foods have high calories, high sugars, high protein, high sodium, low dietary fiber, low vitamins. So if we are eat these foods every day, we will get disease and get fat. So we should avoid to eat these foods.

6.   What did you notice about the food group icons in your Daily Meals area? Did you favor a specific food group? Explain.

My Daily meals area has five grains icon, four vegetables icon, two fruits icon, one dairy, one sweets food, one prepare foods and two proteins food. Yes I have a specific food group. I like eat lots of grains food in my daily menu, because these foods have high calories and these foods can give me enough nutrients. The vegetables and fruits can give me carbohydrate and vitamins. So vegetables and fruits can help keep healthy.
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  879 People Browsing
 189 Signed Up Today
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?