s
r
d
l
a
kong kong
wrote...
13 years ago
I am getting headaches almost every day. I take ibuprofen, but it seems like they get worse. Why is this happening to me?

- I don't think it matters, but I'm a guy in his early 30's
Read 4751 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Believe it or not, some medicines for headaches can actually cause them. This is called rebound headache, and it's common. Over-the-counter meds, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen (Advil), help in the short term, but they can make matters worse if taken more than once or twice a week. Caffeine, sleep deprivation and stress also cause dull, thudding brain pain. The best way to rid headaches for good is to ditch the drugs and make a few lifestyle changes. People with headaches also find that they're worse when they sleep late. If nothing works, aside from exercise and keeping a healthy diet, a doctor can prescribe medicine in safe doses.

Good luck Slight Smile
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
13 years ago
^Yup, a few months ago I had headaches almost everyday. Without hesitation, I would take two tylenols. The true cure was to stop staying up super late and eating healthy.
acushman Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Have you stopped drinking coffee or pop recently? If I don't drink those things I start to go through withdrawl from the caffeine
wrote...
12 years ago
I agree with acushman, caffeine withdrawal can sometimes be devastating to some people Smiling Face with Open Mouth and Tightly-closed Eyes
~Live well, laugh often, and love with all of your heart!~
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1115 People Browsing
 124 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249