t
i
r
r
nurse2mrow nurse2mrow
wrote...
Rep: 8 1
9 years ago
The implementation that would make a patient with atopic dermatitis more comfortable is to:
1.   instruct the patient to wear loose clothing.
2.   add alcohol to the bath water.
3.   provide a diet low in fat.
4.   increase the room temperature to 78º F to 80º F.

This is for my medical nursing class
Read 449 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
The implementation that would make a patient with atopic dermatitis more comfortable is to:
1.   instruct the patient to wear loose clothing.
2.   add alcohol to the bath water.
3.   provide a diet low in fat.
4.   increase the room temperature to 78º F to 80º F.

This is for my medical nursing class

Be careful about the clothes you wear and how you wash them. Care in these areas can help patients avoid irritants that trigger atopic dermatitis flares.

Wash new clothes before wearing them. Formaldehyde and other irritating chemicals often are present in new clothing.
Wear open-weave, loose-fitting clothing that lets air circulate freely over the skin.
Wear cotton or cotton-blend clothing, which may be less irritating than other fabrics. If wool irritates your skin, avoid it.
Remove labels if they bother you. If seams cause itching, try wearing clothes inside out while at home.
Use fragrance-free, dye-free, liquid detergents. Use a second rinse cycle to remove any residual detergent.

Reference: http://health.usnews.com/health-conditions/allergy-asthma-respiratory/atopic-dermatitis-or-eczema/managing
nurse2mrow Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for assisting me on this Grinning Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1276 People Browsing
 117 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431