t
i
r
r
nurse2mrow nurse2mrow
wrote...
Rep: 8 1
9 years ago
An appropriate implementation for a patient with severe psoriasis who has a nursing diagnosis of “Disturbed body image related to skin lesions” would be:
1.   touching the patient often.
2.   reassuring the patient of a quick remission.
3.   reminding the patient to bathe often.
4.   prompt administration of PRN medications.

This is for my medical nursing class
Read 363 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
An appropriate implementation for a patient with severe psoriasis who has a nursing diagnosis of “Disturbed body image related to skin lesions” would be:
1.   touching the patient often.
2.   reassuring the patient of a quick remission.
3.   reminding the patient to bathe often.
4.   prompt administration of PRN medications.

This is for my medical nursing class

My answer would be number 4. I say that because if they have severe psoriasis the patient wouldn't want to be touched often, also, they shouldn't be, touching the patient often has the possibility of making the psoriasis wose. The same goes with telling the patient to bathe often. The patient needs to bathe, but bathing too much can also worsen the condition. For number 2. I wouldn't reassure the patient of a quick remission unless I knew that it was possible. The nurse should not give false reassurances and I feel like number 2 is possibly doing that. I hope this helps...I'm sorry I don't know the answer for sure.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
1 - To touch, interact, and care for a disfigured patient attentively role-models acceptance.
nurse2mrow Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks for assisting me on this Grinning Face
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  958 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?