r
d
l
a
linn.tuell linn.tuell
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
1. Find the slope of the line joining (2,4) and (2+h, f(2+h)) in terms of the nonzero number h. Verify that h=1,-1,and 0.1 yield the solutions to parts (a)-(c).
Solution (a) : m=5 tangent=-1/5
Solution (b) : m=3 tangent=-1/3
Solution (c) : m=4.1 tangent=-1/4.1

2. What is the slope of the tangent line at (2,4)? Explain how you got it please.
Read 335 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm assuming this is pre-calculus, grade 12 stuff? Learning about derivatives and whatnot.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
linn.tuell Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Yeah, it's a preparation before we actually begin our AP Calc. We're refreshing before we dive into it, but I got it now.
wrote...
9 years ago
Yeah, it's a preparation before we actually begin our AP Calc. We're refreshing before we dive into it, but I got it now.

This is all the beginners stuff before you get unto derivatives. I remember this "beginners" stuff being harder to understand than the actual derivations you do later on. Don't be so worried if you don't understand this stuff, because it gets a lot easier once you've been introduced to the rules.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
linn.tuell Author
wrote...
9 years ago
That's such a relief, thanks.  lol
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1165 People Browsing
 108 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204