l
t
S
m
s
savio savio
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm thinking of learning Spanish. Has anyone tried Rosetta Stone. Does anyone know how it works?
Read 2598 times
13 Replies
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
My roommate used Rosetta Stone to learn Spanish. She seemed to learn it in a reasonable amount of time. If you have the money to pay for all the volumes then I would say try it out!
savio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you. I'll give it a try, but it's going to cost me $250 Frowning Face I tried getting into a course near my home, but the class was full.
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
9 years ago
Different experience for me. I tried RS and didn't enjoy it. Seemed to jump into the words and memorizing them rather than starting with the absolute bare basics, which didn't work for me.

It does seem like a good refresher and supplemental program for people who already have some knowledge of the language but need more refinement.
savio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thanks, I've decided to go ahead with Rosetta Stone. So far I've learned quite a bit and I'm only on my second lesson. They teach you like you'd learn if you were an infant. Liking it so far. In fact, I'll make this my Rosetta Stone diary Slight Smile

Words learned so far -

Come = eat
Nada = Swim
Cocina = Swim
Hombre = Man
Nino (accent on the second n) is boy
Nina (accent on the second n) is girl.
wrote...
9 years ago
Yes it will work
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Yes it will work

I sense a spammer. Sorry to intervene on your topic Savio.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
Don't waste your money. Rosetta Stone is garbage. I tried Rosetta Stone and barely learned anything and was a waste of time. Enrolling in a language class with a textbook for that specific language and a competent teacher leaves Rosetta Stone in the dirt. Rosetta Stone is nothing but a hype. You will never find a Rosetta Stone student who could ask a useful question like “What’s your name?” in the language they were studying. If you want to learn a new language, then spend the money on a language class instead of throwing your money away on a useless program.
savio Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, savio
Thanks for your advice. Obviously it's too late to take back my purchase, but I am enjoying the program - I'm on my fourth day. My vocabulary has already improved compared to when I first started - I guess that's a good sign.

I will continue the program for a few more months, and I still haven't learned anything, I'll just take a Spanish speaking class instead. I would have enrolled into one, but classes were full for this semester Undecided
wrote...
9 years ago
I found a website, by accident, which might help you: http://www.bowdoin.edu/~eyepes/newgr/ats/
wrote...
9 years ago
When I took it, it just seemed so long and arduous. As long as you really want to learn Spanish it should be fine
savio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Interesting, so did you complete the whole program?

Were you able to converse with others?

What made you take it in the first place?
wrote...
9 years ago
I also wondered if Roseta Stone worked. If it did, then i'm definitely going to try it out someday!
savio Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Been using it for over a month now. I know how to count, I know the days of the week, and I know how to construct simple phrases and questions. It's not bad.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  912 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 284

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?