r
d
l
a
Kurikuri Kurikuri
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Hello ~ I would just like to ask for assistance regarding this.. I've finished reading Ross but I still cannot find them, it's rather confusing in the book. The book only stated the four types of glands but not the layers Frowning Face

Thank you! Smiling Face with Open Mouth
Read 263 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
Hey, I found this website helpful. I talks about the layers and glands too.

The inner lining of the eyelids is conjunctival epithelium, which contains a variable number of goblet cells. The goblet cells are high in density in the fornix (3) and less so near the marginal conjunctiva (4). The upper eyelids also contain accessory lacrimal glands (5) known as the glands of Krauss that are scattered over the entire measure of the lids and supply constant lubrication. They empty directly into the fornix. The eyelids get much of their form from the tarsus, a specialized fibrous layer (6) that contains numerous clear sebaceous glands called Meibomian glands. The lower lid is similar to the upper lid but notice the shortened tarsal plate. The upper lid has more Meibomian glands which may account for the greater incidence of sebaceous carcinoma in the upper eyelids.
Source  http://www.images.missionforvisionusa.org/anatomy/2006/02/what-are-layers-of-eyelid.html
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
HI!

As per Wikipedia:

The eyelid is made up of several layers; from superficial to deep, these are: skin, subcutaneous tissue, orbicularis oculi, orbital septum and tarsal plates, and palpebral conjunctiva. The meibomian glands lie within the eyelid and secrete the lipid part of the tearfilm.

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyelid
Ask another question, I may be able to help!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1090 People Browsing
 125 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?