t
i
r
r
abiget3 abiget3
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
PLEASE HELP ME. i didn't fully understood how i am going to answer this scenario quesition.
Scenario: You are a new nursing student who has been hospitalized for injuries from a major car accident. Earlier today you were told the fracture in your right leg will require complicated surgery to repair and extensive rehab to recover. There is a question as to whether you will ever regain full use of this leg. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Tonight you are alone in your hospital room and the night nurse has just come in. You are thinking about a recent movie you watched in communication class and wondering about what your personal patient experience will be like.

1. List your top 3 personal concerns about how this injury will affect your life. Then identify 2 physical, 2 emotional, 2 social, and 2 family areas which will be affected and briefly explain each.         
2. What are your physical and emotional needs and expectations of your night nurse regarding both symptom management and psychological/emotional support?     
3. How should he/she develop a therapeutic relationship with you? What type of communication would be most and least helpful to you tonight? How could he/she show compassion? Use silence effectively? Be present?   

Read 863 times
1 Reply