t
i
r
r
immortal immortal
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
I'm doing a research paper on mind uploading and I needed some help on a question about mind uploading. Now using the copy and transfer method how would it affect things like your sexuality and first of all how would this even work what type of super computer would your mind be uploaded like a flotation tank or some super advanced desktop  ? Informative help would be best appreciated
Read 622 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
What in the world is mind-uploading? Is that a hypothetical phenomenon?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
What in the world is mind-uploading? Is that a hypothetical phenomenon?

Whole brain emulation (WBE) or mind uploading (sometimes called "mind copying" or "mind transfer") is the hypothetical process of copying mental content (including long-term memory and "self") from a particular brain substrate and copying it to a computational device, such as a digital, analog, quantum-based or software based artificial neural network. The computational device could then run a simulation model of the brain information processing, such that it responds in essentially the same way as the original brain (i.e., indistinguishable from the brain for all relevant purposes) and experiences having a conscious mind.

Wikipedia

You're curious about the ethical implication of mind-uploading?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
9 years ago
I just released a book on mind-uploading, if you would be curious to read about it.  Please google "A Taxonomy and Metaphysics of Mind-Uploading" if you feel inclined.

Cheers!
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
http://books.google.ca/books?id=_ipxBAAAQBAJ&pg=PT2&lpg=PT2&dq=%22A+Taxonomy+and+Metaphysics+of+Mind-Uploading%22&source=bl&ots=Ctsujc0Hi-&sig=iZvtinYTw7VPqbkZqwPMAEghlj8&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iuEhVMe8KsKryASWhIGYCg&ved=0CDMQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=%22A%20Taxonomy%20and%20Metaphysics%20of%20Mind-Uploading%22&f=false

This?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Staff Member
9 years ago
Immortal?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1187 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?