S
m
s
suthpaw suthpaw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago

Question 1 of 25   1.0 Points
Which of the following statements is true for the following data values: 7, 5, 6, 4, 7, 8, and 12?

A.Only the mean and median are equal

B.Only the median and mode are equal

C.The mean, median and mode are all equal

D.Only the mean and mode are equal

Reset Selection

Question 8 of 25   1.0 Points
The continuous distribution characterized by a symmetric, bell-shaped curve is the:

A.binomial distribution

B.exponential distribution   
 C.normal distribution

D.Poisson distribution

Reset Selection

Question 10 of 25   1.0 Points
The normal distribution is:

A.the single most important distribution in statistics   
 B.a binomial distribution with only one parameter

C.a density function of a discrete random variable

D.a discrete distribution

Reset Selection

Question 11 of 25   1.0 Points
The standard deviation of   is usually called the

A.standard error of the sample

B.randomized standard error

C.standard error of the population   
 D.standard error of the mean

Reset Selection

Question 12 of 25   1.0 Points
In a normal distribution, changing the standard deviation:

A.makes the curve more robust

B.shifts the curve left or right

C.makes the curve more or less spread out   
 D.splits the distribution to two curves

Reset Selection

Part 5 of 9 -

Question 13 of 25   1.0 Points

Accepted characters: numbers, decimal point markers (period or comma), sign indicators (-), spaces (e.g., as thousands separator, 5 000), "E" or "e" (used in scientific notation). NOTE: For scientific notation, a period MUST be used as the decimal point marker.
Complex numbers should be in the form (a + bi) where "a" and "b" need to have explicitly stated values.
For example: {1+1i} is valid whereas {1+i} is not. {0+9i} is valid whereas {9i} is not.

The histogram below represents scores achieved by 250 job applicants on a personality profile.

How many job applicants scored above 50? Place your answer in the blank. Do not use any stray symbols. For example, 123 would be a legitimate answer.

Part 6 of 9 -

Question 14 of 25   1.0 Points

Accepted characters: numbers, decimal point markers (period or comma), sign indicators (-), spaces (e.g., as thousands separator, 5 000), "E" or "e" (used in scientific notation). NOTE: For scientific notation, a period MUST be used as the decimal point marker.
Complex numbers should be in the form (a + bi) where "a" and "b" need to have explicitly stated values.
For example: {1+1i} is valid whereas {1+i} is not. {0+9i} is valid whereas {9i} is not.
In February 2002 the Argentine peso lost 70% of its value compared to the United States dollar. This devaluation drastically raised the price of imported products. According to a survey conducted by AC Nielsen in April 2002, 68% of the consumers in Argentina were buying fewer products than before the devaluation, 24% were buying the same number of products, and 8% were buying more products. Furthermore, in a trend toward purchasing less-expensive brands, 88% indicated that they had changed the brands they purchased. Suppose the following complete set of results were reported. Use the following data to answer this question. 

Number of Products Purchased   
Brands Purchased   Fewer   Same   More   Total
Same   10   14   24   48
Changed   262   82   8   352
Total   272   96   32   400

What is the probability that a consumer selected at random purchased fewer products than before and changed brands? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank.   

Question 15 of 25   1.0 Points

Suppose that the probability that a new medication will cause a bad side effect is 0.03. If this medication is given to 150 people, what is the probability that exactly three of them will experience a bad side effect? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. 

Question 18 of 25   1.0 Points

Suppose that the average weekly earnings for employees in general automotive repair shops is $450, and that the standard deviation for the weekly earnings for such employees is $50. A sample of 100 such employees is selected at random.

Find the mean of the sampling distribution of the means of average weekly earnings for samples of size 100. Place your answer in the blank. Do not include a dollar sign. For example, 123 would be a legitimate entry. 

Question 20 of 25   1.0 Points

The length of time to complete a door assembly on an automobile factory assembly line is normally distributed with mean 6.7 minutes and standard deviation 2.2 minutes. For a door selected at random, what is the probability the assembly line time will be between 5 and 10 minutes? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.1776 would be a legitimate answer.   

Question 21 of 25   1.0 Points

Suppose that the average weekly earnings for employees in general automotive repair shops is $450, and that the standard deviation for the weekly earnings for such employees is $50. A sample of 100 such employees is selected at random.

Find the probability that the mean of the sample is greater than $460. Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.2345 would be a legitimate answer. 

Question 23 of 25   1.0 Points

Find probability that the mean of the sample is less than $445. Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.2345 would be a legitimate entry. 

Read 1971 times
1 Reply