You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Categories

Homework Help Boards (University / College Level)

Biology-Related

Science-Related

Others

Laboratory Help

Non-Homework Help Boards

Notes

Guidance

Discussion

f_zah1
top posters

Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Pages: 1     Go Down
  New Topic  |  more  
The Neuromuscular Junction Flow Chart....NEED HELP!!!!!
Read 11527 times | 4 Replies | Average Rating 5 Star Rating
Octopus
Rep:  +0  -1 

For a more comfortable homework help experience, try HomeworkClinic.com.
PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT THE BLANKS....THIS IS A FLOW CHART!!!! Huh?

An action potential enters the presynaptic terminal-------> voltage-gated channels open and______&_______ions enter the presynaptic terminal------->_________ions cause_________to fuse with the presynaptic membrane-------->___________is liberated into the synaptic cleft-------->The neurotransmitter reacts with_________on the muscle membrane (Then it has 2 arrows split left and right)(LEFT SIDE) Channels open and the muscle membrane________---------> this produces an ______ ______ in the muscle membrane (RIGHT SIDE) The neurotransmitter is broken down by ______ _______in the synaptic cleft--------->________is taken up into the presynaptic cell.

Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 1
Rep:  +413  -11 
2 years ago
An action potential enters the presynaptic terminal--->Voltage-gated channels open and Sodium and Potassium ions enter the presynaptic terminal--->Sodium ions cause vesicular membrane to fuse with the presynaptic membrane---->Neurotransmitter is liberated into the synaptic cleft.

Acetylcholine is secreted into the cleft by the motor axon---> The neurotransmitter reacts with vesicles on the muscle membrane---->Channels open and the muscle membrane closes---> The neurotransmitter is broken down by presynaptic membrane in the synaptic cleft--->Neurotransmitter is taken up into the presynaptic cell.

Acetylcholine binding opens the channels and the muscle membrane becomes open--->This creates an action potential which travels along the muscle's surface--->The action potential travels down the neuron and stimulates voltage-sensitive ion channels--->Calcium ions are release into the sarcoplasm from the calcium channels--->Calcium binds to receptors--->Acetylchoine moves to expose the myosin binding sites on actin--->Cross bridge cycling causes the sarcomeres to contract--->Calcium is taken up into the sarcoplasmic reticulum to terminate the contraction.

Reply# 2
Rep:  +0  -1 
2 years ago
thank you so much...that helped a lot

Reply# 3
Rep:  +62  -15 
2 years ago
Duddy, Great work completing the flow chart!
I have seen this flow chart before. The exact flow chart is taken from -

The Tired Swimmer: A Case Study on the Nervous System
by Allison Russo, Morgan Falk, and Phil Stephens
Biology Department, Villanova University

I was able to fill in a few of the blanks when I was attempting to answer this but ended up having to turn to another A&P Textbook which clearly described the events taking place at the neuromuscular junction but not specific enough to complete the flow chart. So, I have to ask how were you able to complete the flow chart; did you use a website, a different textbook, or purebrain power and memory.

The actual original flowchart can be found at the link i posted above. I think it is a 3 - part case study.

Reply# 4
Rep:  +12  -1 
2 months ago
Apparently these answers are wrong and a teacher is using them to catch his/her students.

Pages: 1     Go Up New Topic more