a
t
i
r
r
angie19 angie19
wrote...
9 years ago
thyroid Gland: identify what is the occurring at the labels (A) through (F) naming the hormones at each point and whether it is increasing or decreasing. **ASSUME the left side of the diagram represents the positive feedback and the right side represents the negative feedback of the system.

Is point c, an example of negative or positive feedback mechanism. explain
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
Read 873 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Positive, because it increases the original response.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
angie19 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Can you help explain the whole question please?! I don't get it at all ;(
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Communication between the hypothalamus and the anterior pituitary occurs through chemicals (releasing hormones and inhibiting hormones) that are produced by the hypothalamus and delivered to the anterior pituitary through blood vessels in the infundibulum. The releasing and inhibiting hormones are produced by specialized neurons of the hypothalamus, called neurosecretory cells. The hormones are released into a capillary network (primary plexus) and transported through veins (hypophyseal portal veins) to a second capillary network (secondary plexus) that supplies the anterior pituitary. The primary plexus and the hypophyseal portal veins are in the infundibulum and the secondary plexus is in the anterior pituitary. The hormones then diffuse from the secondary plexus into the cells of the anterior pituitary, where they initiate the production of specific hormones by the anterior pituitary. The releasing and inhibiting hormones secreted by the hypothalamus and the hormones produced in response by the anterior pituitary are listed in Table 1. Many of the hormones produced by the anterior pituitary are tropic hormones (tropins), hormones that stimulate other endocrine glands to secrete their hormones.
 Attached file(s) 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to these attachments.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
angie19 Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you!!! This all makes sense!!!
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
I also included the table which I forgot
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1132 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352