3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
if 14 is increased to 21, the increase is what percent of what original number
wrote...
9 years ago
Ideally, it is to bring awareness that there are circumstances behind what everyone does. Justice shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all, but circumstances (including insanity) should be taken into consideration so that a truly fair justice can be administered, something that is fair to the victim... and fair to the defendant.

I realize that our society went through a time where victims' rights were totally ignored. But in the last decade or two, the scales of justice has favored the victims at the expense of the defendants, and this is just as wrong as ignoring the victims.

Perfect justice should be somewhere in the middle. Not totally on the victim's side.. nor on the defendants side.
wrote...
9 years ago
Fewer than 1% of cases using the insanity defense are ever successful. A foundation of our legal system is that if a person doesn't understand what he's doing, then he can't be criminally responsible for his actions. Because of that, those who are truly and seriously mentally ill can benefit from insanity pleas.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1000 People Browsing
 121 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?