l
t
S
m
s
randi1105 randi1105
wrote...
13 years ago
I am working on the PhysioEx Exercise and I am in deep need of help.  Activity 1 #12, Activity 2 #7, Activity 3 #7 and Activity 4 #7.  Can somebody help ASAP?  Thank you.
Read 11547 times
16 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
For exercise 4,

Activity 1: Determining Baseline Metabolic Rates (pp. 45–47)

I only have # 12

Activity 2: Determining the Effect of Thyroxine on Metabolic Rate (p. 47)

On the normal rat, the metabolic rate after thyroxine injection is faster than the baseline metabolic rate. The action of thyroxine is to increase the metabolic rate of all cells. On the thyroidectomized rat, the metabolic rate after thyroxine injection is faster than the baseline metabolic rate. The injected thyroxine compensated for the thyroxine lost when the thyroid was removed. On the hypophysectomized rat, the metabolic rate after thyroxine injection is faster than the baseline metabolic rate. The injected thyroxine compensated for the thyroxine lost when the pituitary gland was removed. The pituitary gland did not produce TSH, therefore the thyroid gland did not produce thyroxine.

Activity 3: Determining the Effect of TSH on Metabolic Rate (pp. 47–48)

7. On the normal rat, the metabolic rate after TSH injection is faster than the baseline metabolic rate. The TSH increased production of thyroxine. On the thyroidectomized rat, the metabolic rate after TSH injection is the same as the baseline metabolic rate. Since there is no thyroid gland in the thyroidectomized rat, the injected TSH had nothing to act upon. There was no organ to receive the pituitary TSH and produce thyroxine, On the hypophysectomized rat, the metabolic rate after TSH injection is faster than the baseline metabolic rate. The injected TSH compensated for the TSH lost when the pituitary gland was removed, and spurs production of thyroxine.

I cannot provide further assistance unless you are a full member (>25 posts)
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
haybahl Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Do you happen to have the chart on activity one ex#4?
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Do you happen to have the chart on activity one ex#4?

For activity 1, exercise 1, I only have # 9.
- Bachelor of Science
gee.amanda Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Do you still need them?I have all the answers
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Do you still need them?I have all the answers

Yes please, post what you have. People keep asking the same questions. It would really help.
- Bachelor of Science
Hailey Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Did you post the answers to exercise 4 activity 4 and 5?
haybahl Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Do you have the answer to Exercise 4 Activity 1?
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Do you have the answer to Exercise 4 Activity 1?

Activity 1: Determining Baseline Metabolic Rates (pp. 45–47)

16. The normal rat’s metabolic rate is faster than the metabolic rates of the thyroidectomized and hypophysectomized rats.
The thyroidectomized rat lacks a thyroid, thus produced no thyroxine. The hypophysectomized rat lacks a pituitary gland, thus produced no thyroid stimulating hormone to stimulate thyroxine production. Because the normal rat produced thyroxine normally, its metabolic rate was faster than the other rats.

There is also a large chart (which I will not release, since you do not have >25 Posts).
- Bachelor of Science
haybahl Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Thank you for the help you were able to give, I greatly appreciate that. Also would oyu be able to help me with Activity 4 and 8 as well?
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Thank you for the help you were able to give, I greatly appreciate that. Also would oyu be able to help me with Activity 4 and 8 as well?

Would love to, but I have to stick by the forum rules.
- Bachelor of Science
haybahl Author
wrote...
13 years ago
i don't understand i can only ask one question and thats it?
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
i don't understand i can only ask one question and thats it?

PhysioEx is a payed-for manual by the forum. Although we don't charge for our service, what we do ask in return is for our users to contribute to the forum; you have less than <10 posts/replies. To those with less than <25 quality posts, we only give samples of the answers found in the manual. Hope you understand.
- Bachelor of Science
gee.amanda Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Email me amandagee2@hotmail.com
I took Physio and aced the class! I have the entire workbook done. Ill be sending out a mass email for those people that need help with the physio ex lab exercises
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1106 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?