t
i
r
r
ALEESIA ALEESIA
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
What surgery can correct sleep apnea in many patients?
Read 3048 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
My father went through the surgery. He doesn't have sleep apnea anymore, but still snores Face with Stuck-out Tongue
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
9 years ago
I can't be of help, but I hope you get better!
Rom
wrote...
9 years ago
I've googled it:
Surgery choices
Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP).
This is the most common surgery to treat sleep apnea in adults.
Tonsillectomy and/or adenoidectomy. This is often the first treatment option for children, because enlarged tonsils and adenoids are usually the cause of their sleep apnea.
Tracheostomy. Although this is effective at treating sleep apnea, it is done only when other treatments have failed or when treatment is needed right away.
Maxillo-mandibular advancement (MMA). This moves the upper and lower jaw forward to increase the size of the airway.
Radiofrequency ablation (RFA). This reduces the size of the tongue and other tissues that may be blocking airflow to the lungs.
Palatal implants. These are small plastic rods that are implanted in the soft palate camera.gif. They make the soft palate stiffer to keep the tissue from blocking the airway.
Bariatric surgery. This surgery can promote weight loss that improves sleep apnea
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1164 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352