4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
long periods without using restroom causes kidney problems why

Not sure if not going to the bathroom will affect your kidneys, it might affect you bladder though. Here are some things that cause kidney troubles:

• A traumatic injury with blood loss.
  • The sudden reduction of blood flow to the kidneys.
  • Damage to the kidneys from shock during a severe infection called sepsis.
  • Obstruction of urine flow, such as with an enlarged prostate.
  • Damage from certain drugs or toxins.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
9 years ago
In my opinion, your main concern with urinary stasis is infection. You are giving the bacteria in your urine time and warmth to multiply while in the bladder. If you get a bladder infection, it can definitely spread to the kidneys, and potentially cause damage.
wrote...
9 years ago
To everyone with kidney disease, let me just say something: Don't lose hope!  There IS an solution, and you CAN get better, even if everyone tells you that it's hopeless.  In fact, I got better naturally with some simple diet changes that anybody can do.  If anyone's interested, here's a website that really helped me a lot.
http://journalofnaturalhealth.com/kidney/kidneyhealth.html

Don't lose hope!
wrote...
9 years ago
The kidneys are a major organ involved with the urinary tract. Holding in your pee puts a lot of pressure on them. It's like taking a water hose and grasping the middle so no more water can get out. It will build up and that's what's happening with your kidneys basically.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1615 People Browsing
 130 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586