r
d
l
a
RikTelner RikTelner
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, RikTelner
Note: I don't ask you for "additional help". Don't send me links, helps or anything. Anything but the question will be ignored, don't waste your time.

So, 2 years ago, I hit state of something I thought was just unslept hours which hit me for longer time. I gradientally got myself into state that could be called depression, but also sociopathy.

Sociopath people aren't capable for feeling emotions for others, hell, I don't even feel my own emotions. Now I'm 17 (8/10) years, I've been through this thing ever since my 15th year (so about two years now). Before this happening, I was like human version of dog, I was happy, cheering, ugly as... buldozer, always willing to help. Now I'm just ugly and willing to help.

If got rid of depression. Would "sociopathy" effect fade away, or it will be scar that will remain and haunt me my entire life? Or, I would stay like this no matter what?

If I get rid of depression. Would I be as happy as before it, if I really tried really hard? I really miss those days man,  Crying Face.

Once again, I don't need any links, just answer the question if you're willing to and know how to.
Read 1492 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
If got rid of depression. Would "sociopathy" effect fade away, or it will be scar that will remain and haunt me my entire life? Or, I would stay like this no matter what?

One of my friends went through a stage of depression years ago, I'd say six years ago. When he looks back at it now, he can still remember the state he was in, how he felt, and what it felt like generally. It's more of a memory than a permanent scar.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
feeling emotions for others

This is a symptom of depression. Curious, are you taking medication for your condition? I'm promoting that you should, I'm curious.
bio_man: Furthermore, on a personal level, want to let you know that we're here for you @ Biology Forums.
wrote...
9 years ago
It really depends on your state of depression.

My cousin told me, that he became depress since he was in elementary school. He carried depression until now and is coping it with medication prescribed by his doctor.

Sometimes depression can be temporary, like what doubleu said "It's more of a memory than a permanent scar."

RikTelner Author
wrote...
9 years ago
@doubleu Okay. So, if I just demand my memory to drop these emotions from these 2.5 year, everything'll be good, supposedly, right?

@bioman No, I'm not taking medication. Before entire happening, I should be taking ADHD pills (this is how bad it was), they give me highest dose, it still didn't worked. Placebo doesn't work on me, even when it would be enough naive to work.
wrote...
9 years ago
@doubleu Okay. So, if I just demand my memory to drop these emotions from these 2.5 year, everything'll be good, supposedly, right?

Memory can stick with you for a long time. You can't simply drop a memory, but you can get your mind occupied with something else. Something that more productive, maybe a hobby. Theoretically, however, the memory will diminish overtime.
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1057 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328