t
S
m
s
zanik824 zanik824
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
A red-hot, 300-pound anvil falls on the bare foot of a blacksmith. He's unable to remove his foot until the paramedics arrive 20 minutes later. What types of injuries will the blacksmith most likely have?
Read 1066 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
9 years ago
Since no one answered, I'll give it a try:
Well, at first, fractures of the bones of the foot and skin and muscle damage probably happened. But I think that, the most serious injury would be a serious burn, probably 3rd degree if his foot was under the red- hot anvil for 20 minutes.

If it was just the fractures, the foot would have a good chance of healing. However, I think (I could be wrong) that the burn could cost this blacksmith the foot- or at least some of it's functionality even after the full recovery.

I'm not very familiar with such questions, and I'm interested on how they are answered. Can you post the correct answer when you get it?
zanik824 Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, zanik824
Thank you for the reply! I wasn't too sure of how to go about and answer this either. My teacher doesn't usually go over these questions but I will try to ask him. Thanks again!
Post Merge: 9 years ago

I would also assume that he would have to amputate the foot due to crush syndrome, where a body part is crushed under a heavy object for more than 15 minutes.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1006 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204