r
d
l
a
Richard Strophe Richard Strophe
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
Anyone have the answers to these? (see attachment for tables and diagram)

1. Substances E and G are both required for growth in N. crassa. The pathway below indicates the biosynthetic pathway and where, in the pathway, specific mutants are blocked in the pathway.
Fill in the table below, indicating whether each intermediate will allow (+) or will not allow (-) growth when minimal media is supplemented with the intermediate.

2. The table below shows matching regions of the DNA, mRNA, tRNA and amino acids encoded in a particular gene. There is an encoded start and stop codon.
Complete the nucleic acid and amino acid sequences. Indicate the 5’/3’ and N/C polarity for each sequence.
 Attached file 
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 834 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, cubby15
I know for us the book we are using which is Freeman 5th addition there is some things in there I used to help solve this.
Post Merge: 9 years ago

Also start off by building your DNA strands(base pairs) from what is given, I know this wont give you the complete pairing. However if you then look at the mRNA and compare it to the DNA strands you will find that there is a matching base pair( DNA-mRNA) and that will indicate which strand is your template and non-template strand. So for Example say your mRNA has an A in it, you would need to find the DNA strand that has the matching T strand, from there you can figure out the rest. Hope this helps.
wrote...
9 years ago
Thank you for posting this, I am having trouble with it as well!
wrote...
9 years ago
What does N/C mean?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1075 People Browsing
 137 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion