r
d
l
a
srmtrc srmtrc
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
9 years ago
In chickens, the presence of feathers on the legs is due to a dominant allele (F), and the absence of leg feathers is due to a recessive allele (f). The comb on the top of the head can be either pea-shaped, a phenotype that is controlled by a dominant allele (P), or a single comb controlled by a recessive allele (p). The two loci assort independently. Assume that a pure-breeding rooster that has feathered legs and a single comb is crossed with a pure-breeding hen that has no leg feathers and a pea-shaped comb. The F1 are crossed to produce the F2. Among the resulting F2, however, only birds with a single comb and feathered legs are allowed to mate. These chickens mate at random to produce F3 progeny.

What is the expected genotype ratio for the resulting F3 progeny?

So, I know the genotypes for the F3 progeny would be FFpp, Ffpp, and ffpp. I thought the ratio of FFpp:Ffpp:ffpp would be 3:2:1, but that's apparently incorrect. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!
Read 2332 times
5 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
AlexxAlexx
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
Top Poster
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 410 words.