i
r
r
Fightboy Fightboy
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
9 years ago
Ok so the question is:
On the drawing of a longitudinal section of a root shown below (attached image), indicate the region of the root in which you see cells undergoing mitosis. Also indicate on the drawing where the youngest and oldest tissues are found.
We haven't really covered mitosis/meiosis in lecture so it's difficult for me to locate where these processes are occuring. I know mitosis involves the division of the nucleus to create two identical nuclei, but how would i identify this on the photo. Also how am i  supposed to know the differences between youngest and oldest tissues?
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Read 2688 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Hey Fightboy, this is my guess.

Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
9 years ago
telophase?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I would say those are the major areas where mitosis is rapidly taking place due to the size of the cells. Notice how they are smaller than the rest. I have no idea what the person above me is getting at though.
Fightboy Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I would say those are the major areas where mitosis is rapidly taking place due to the size of the cells. Notice how they are smaller than the rest. I have no idea what the person above me is getting at though.
Thanks bio_man! Where do you think the youngest and oldest tissues are located on the drawing though?
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
Youngest is where mitosis is actively occurring, I'd think. Not sure what your teacher is looking for...
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  930 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?