r
d
l
a
lilmissvi1 lilmissvi1
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
9 years ago
Can anyone help me finish this case study? I only have 2 questions i haven't figured out...

7. Suppose Kevin’s pre-op blood work indicates that his extracellular potassium concentration is much higher than usual. This condition is known as hyperkalemia and must be corrected before he can undergo surgery. One of the dangers of hyperkalemia is that it makes neurons and muscle cells more excitable. Why does elevated extracellular potassium have this effect?

8. Similar types of potassium channels are found in skeletal muscle cell (plasma) membranes. Predict the effect of general anesthesia on Kevin’s skeletal muscle contraction during surgery.

Thank you!!
Read 1587 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
7. Suppose Kevin’s pre-op blood work indicates that his extracellular potassium concentration is much higher than usual. This condition is known as hyperkalemia and must be corrected before he can undergo surgery. One of the dangers of hyperkalemia is that it makes neurons and muscle cells more excitable. Why does elevated extracellular potassium have this effect?

NEED HELP

8. Similar types of potassium channels are found in skeletal muscle cell (plasma) membranes. Predict the effect of general anesthesia on Kevin’s skeletal muscle contraction during surgery.

Local anesthetic inhibition of baseline potassium channels.
Rochelle90
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1130 People Browsing
 120 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274