t
i
r
r
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
This experiment is real, today the barometric pressure is lower than less week, and my finger's joint feel little pain, which could be caused by lower pressure.

I feel the the joint is rigid, so it seems my personal barometer.

Question is, would you feel the same way if someone hadn't told you the pressure? Maybe you're just experiencing a placebo effect of knowing this.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Question is, would you feel the same way if someone hadn't told you the pressure? Maybe you're just experiencing a placebo effect of knowing this.

The feeling of little pain is real, which cannot be a placebo effect.  The joint is rigid, when I exercise my fingers.  After exercise and a cup of red wine before sleep, I feel the joint is released in the morning.
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
I don't know, if this were true, it would be true for everyone.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your age and gender, in addition, do any of your family members experience this?
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, oem7110
I don't know, if this were true, it would be true for everyone.

This statement is not true, because sensitivity is different for different people.
I would like to know on whether air would squeeze out the joints during exercise or not, so it would lower the air pressure within joints.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
I would like to know on whether air would squeeze out the joints during exercise or not, so it would lower the air pressure within joints.

I find the evidence or explanation as to why this happens is negligible, I can only speculate.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I find the evidence or explanation as to why this happens is negligible, I can only speculate.

You can try to do some experiment by moving your finger everyday and feel the resistance between your joints and monitor weather report for barometric pressure comparing with yesterday.
It is better to do it in the morning after wake up.

Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
See, I don't experience that. Joint stiffness upon rising in the morning, however, is one of rheumatoid arthritis most common symptoms. RA is an autoimmune disease, it is not caused by pressure.
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  922 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?