You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Donate

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe.
PayPal
Pages: 2  ...    Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
PhysioEx 9.0 Excercise 1 need help on activity questions!!
Read 22744 times | 141 Replies | Average Rating: 5 Star Rating

Reply# 14 Quote
Rep:  +0   -0

A year ago

Very helpful thanks

Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 15 Quote

A year ago

i need help as well

Reply# 16 Quote

A year ago

You should be able to view the attachment once you replied to this post. If you are still not able, there may be a problem and should contact the website manager to see what you can do to view it.

Reply# 17 Quote

A year ago

Thank you

Reply# 18 Quote

A year ago

Would love to view the attachment, but need to make a post because I am a new member. So... Hi everybody!

Reply# 19 Quote

A year ago

this is really helpful!!! thank you so much!!!

Reply# 20 Quote

A year ago

Reply# 21 Quote

A year ago

Hope this helps! I'm not sure if it uploaded..let me know if it didn't Smile

I hope this helps I don't really know how to work this site yet, but thank you!

Reply# 22 Quote

A year ago

IT is useful ,

Reply# 23 Quote

A year ago

This has been most helpful to me as well!

Reply# 24 Quote

A year ago

Exercise 1: Cell Transport Mechanisms and Permeability:
Activity 1: Simulating Dialysis (Simple Diffusion) Lab Report Pre-lab Quiz Results You scored 100% by answering 4 out of 4 questions correctly.
1. The driving force for diffusion is You correctly answered: b. the kinetic energy of the molecules in motion.
2. In diffusion, molecules move You correctly answered: a. from high concentration to low concentration.
3. Which of the following dialysis membranes has the largest pore size? You correctly answered: d. 200 MWCO
4. Avogadro's number is a constant for the number of You correctly answered: b. molecules.
Experiment Results Predict Question:
Predict Question 1: The molecular weight of urea is 60.07. Do you think urea will diffuse through the 20 MWCO membrane? Your answer : c. No, not at all.
Predict Question 2: Recall that glucose is a monosaccharide, albumin is a protein with 607 amino acids, and the average molecular weight of a single amino acid is 135 g/mole. Which of the following will be able to diffuse through the 200 MWCO membrane? Your answer : c. glucose only
Stop & Think Questions: The reason sodium chloride didn't diffuse left to right is that You correctly answered: c. the membrane pore size was too small. Glucose is a six-carbon sugar. Albumin is a protein with 607 amino acids. The average molecular weight of a single amino acid is 135 g/mole. There is no reason to run these solutes at the 20 MWCO because You correctly answered: d. glucose and albumin are both too large to pass.
The rate of diffusion for urea You correctly answered: b. is slower than that for sodium because urea is a larger molecule.
Experiment Data: Solute Na+ ClUrea Na+ ClNa+ ClNa+ ClUrea Glucose Albumin MWCO 20 20 50 50 100 100 200 200 Solute Concentration 9.00 9.00 9.00 18.00 9.00 9.00 9.00 9.00 Average Diffusion Rate 0.0000 0.0000 0.0150 0.0300 0.0150 0.0094 0.0040 0.0000
Post-lab Quiz Results You scored 100% by answering 4 out of 4 questions correctly.
1. The effect of increasing the concentration of sodium chloride from 9 mM to 18 mM in the left beaker was to You correctly answered: b. increase the rate of diffusion.
2. Describe the difference between the rate of diffusion seen for sodium and urea. You correctly answered: c. Urea diffused more slowly because it is larger than sodium.
3. Which of the following solutes did not pass through any of the membranes? You correctly answered: b. albumin
4. When diffusion stops, we say the solution has reached You correctly answered: a. equilibrium.

thanks!

Reply# 25 Quote

A year ago

This tread has been very helpful.

Thank you

Reply# 26 Quote

A year ago

Thank you so much!!! Happy