9 years ago
1) A cloning vector differs from an expression vector because   

A) a cloning vector has a Shine-Delgarno sequence

B) a cloning vector has an ori

C) a cloning vector has a polylinker

D) an expression vector has a Shine-Delgarno sequence

E) a cloning vector has a transcription terminator
==================
2) With PCR, one gene is all that is necessary to create a genetic fingerprint.
A) True
B) False
=====================
3) In blue/white selection, the cells transformed with a piece of DNA inserted into the polylinker turns are the ones that make the colorless sugar analog xgal blue.
A) True
B) Flase

Crying Face Crying Face
Read 453 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
3) In blue/white selection, the cells transformed with a piece of DNA inserted into the polylinker turns are the ones that make the colorless sugar analog xgal blue.
A) True
B) Flase

True... This is all I know from this question. What are your thoughts on the others?
hral Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I think the 2nd one is true...

The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a biomedical technology in molecular biology used to amplify a single copy or a few copies of a piece of DNA across several orders of magnitude, generating thousands to millions of copies of a particular DNA sequence.
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I think the 2nd one is true...

The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a biomedical technology in molecular biology used to amplify a single copy or a few copies of a piece of DNA across several orders of magnitude, generating thousands to millions of copies of a particular DNA sequence.

What threw me off was the word fingerprint... Is that referring to a single gene (and if so, it's true), or is it referring to something else.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1093 People Browsing
 134 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352