l
t
S
m
s
bronze bronze
wrote...
9 years ago
I'm recently feeling a bit worried about working with certain cultures in the lab. The bacteria in lab aren't diluted or anything they are active pseudomonas aeruginosa, staph aureus, streptococcus pneumoniae and generally pathogenic bacteria. The lab is poorly ventilated too i feel like I'm breathing all of it in and it makes me scared! Also the chemicals used to clean the lab irritate my throat sometimes because they spray so much of it, wondering if anyone else feels scared working with potential pathogens especially ones that can go airborne .. i guess that's what the immune system is for?
Read 6434 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
You will be fine. I took Microbiology and Lab last semester at UConn. I worked with all those pathogenic organisms. Assuming you know how to follow proper laboratory procedures like cleaning before and after with antiseptic. Washing hands before and after lab. Disposing of all equipment and organism's properly. And following the proper sterilization lab procedures (like don't touch your mouth and decontamination equipment)
Rom
wrote...
9 years ago
It's just about following the safety measures in the lab, if you do it right, there's nothing to worry about.
wrote...
9 years ago
We worked with those in Microbiology. Just be careful and wash your hands thoroughly. You'll be fine.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  950 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?