a
t
i
r
r
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago
When I sleep, sometimes, my body press over my arm, and my arm gets no feeling when I wake up.

I would like to know on whether it would hurt arm's nervous system or not?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 674 times
9 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
Top Poster
9 years ago

Your arm falls asleep Smiling Face with Open Mouth Pressure on nerves can cause the nerves to stop sending impulses to the brain, causing limbs to fall asleep.

Paresthesia

Related Topics

oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago

Your arm falls asleep Smiling Face with Open Mouth Pressure on nerves can cause the nerves to stop sending impulses to the brain, causing limbs to fall asleep.

Paresthesia

But there is no much blood get into the arm during sleep too, lacking of oxygen within arm for a few hour, would nervous cells die within arm? Remember, once nervous cell die, you lose this part of nervous system forever.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
But there is no much blood get into the arm during sleep too, lacking of oxygen within arm for a few hour, would nervous cells die within arm? Remember, once nervous cell die, you lose this part of nervous system forever.

Blood flow isn't the limiting factor here, it's the nerve that's being pinched.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago

Blood flow isn't the limiting factor here, it's the nerve that's being pinched.

When my arm is bended, the veins expand. After messaging my arm a few minutes, my vein becomes normal, and slowly get back my feeling in my arm.

Would it be any sign of "stroke"?

My neck get pain too, would my neck press the nervous system? and causing  limbs in my arm?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
When my arm is bended, the veins expand. After messaging my arm a few minutes, my vein becomes normal, and slowly get back my feeling in my arm.

Those aren't your veins, your nerves are readjusting. If you stunted blood flow for that long, you'd need to cut off your arm Face with Stuck-out Tongue Try it on your wrist, try to restrict the blood flow to your hand, notice the differences in response to when your arm is 'pinched'.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Those aren't your veins, your nerves are readjusting. If you stunted blood flow for that long, you'd need to cut off your arm Face with Stuck-out Tongue Try it on your wrist, try to restrict the blood flow to your hand, notice the differences in response to when your arm is 'pinched'.

It seems to confirm that pressuring on nerves for a period of time cause the nerves to stop sending impulses to the brain, after message the arm, my nerves are readjusting to send impulse to the brain again, and there is nothing hurt on my nervous system, am I correct?
Thank you very much for suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
my nerves are readjusting to send impulse to the brain again, and there is nothing hurt on my nervous system, am I correct?

Definitely no nerve damage.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
my nerves are readjusting to send impulse to the brain again, and there is nothing hurt on my nervous system, am I correct?

Definitely no nerve damage.

Thank you very much for suggestions :>
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
My pleasure Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1400 People Browsing
 132 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which country would you like to visit for its food?
Votes: 204