s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago

The eye has only three color receptors, which can independently distinguish three distinct color bands -- nominally red, green, blue.

Referring to light spectrum, I would like to know on where the spectrum  position are on for following colors and what the combination is from 3 distinct color bands.

1) Gold
2) Silver
3) White
4) Black
5) Grey

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 666 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
9 years ago
I would like to know on where the spectrum  position are on for following colors and what the combination is from 3 distinct color bands.

I don't fully understand your question, oem7110. You want to know where those colours lie on the color spectrum?
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
I don't fully understand your question, oem7110. You want to know where those colours lie on the color spectrum?

Yes, this is correct.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Gold, silver, pink, etc. don't appear in the visible range of the EM spectrum because the visible range of the electromagnetic spectrum varies only in hue ("red", "yellow", "green", etc), and hue is not the only thing that defines a colour. A colour can be bright or desaturated, and light or dark. The hue, brightness and lightness of a colour can be varied independently of one another, but the colors in the EM spectrum vary only in hue, not lightness/darkness or saturation.

Pink, for example, is light red. Silver is not a separate colour in itself - look at a silver object and you will see its reflections are just various shades of grey. Grey is what you get when you complete desaturate (remove brightness from) a colour. Similarly, gold reflects various shades of yellow and brown. Brown is dark yellow or dark orange.

Long story short, the visible part of the EM spectrum varies in hue, not lightness / darkness or saturation / desaturation. Pink is light red. Silver is various shades of grey (desaturated colour). Gold is various shades of yellow and brown, and brown is dark yellow.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1093 People Browsing
 127 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79