r
d
l
a
livestrong136 livestrong136
wrote...
Rep: 7 0
12 years ago
1. Use normal vectors to determine the interaction, if any, for each of the following pairs of planes. Give a geometric interpretation in each case and the number of solutions for the corresponding system of linear equations. If the planes intersect in a line, determine a vector equation of the line.

a. x + 2y + 3z = ?4
    2x + 4y + 6z = 10
    2x ? y + 2z = ?8

b. 4x ? 2y + 4z = ?16
    x + 3y ? 5z = ?12
    2x + 3y ? 4z = ?6

2. Use normal vectors to determine the intersection, if any, for each of the following groups of three planes. Give a geometric interpretation in each case and the number of solutions for the corresponding linear system of equations. If the planes intersect in a line, determine a vector equation of the line. If the planes intersect in a point, determine the coordinates of the point.

a. x ?2y ?2z = 6
    2x ? 5y + 3z = ?10
    3x ? 4y + z = ?1

b. x ? y + 3z = 4
    x + y + 2z = 2
    3x + y + 7z = 9
Read 2582 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Have you done matrices yet?

[1 2 3 4]
[2 4 6 10]
[2 1 2 8]
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
can you please do one question from each question. so i know how to do it.
livestrong136 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Please, I need these question to be done today, i have a test tomorrow. Can someone please answer these questions.
wrote...
Valued Member
12 years ago
1. Use normal vectors to determine the interaction, if any, for each of the following pairs of planes. Give a geometric interpretation in each case and the number of solutions for the corresponding system of linear equations. If the planes intersect in a line, determine a vector equation of the line.

a. x + 2y + 3z = ?4
    2x + 4y + 6z = 10
    2x ? y + 2z = ?8

b. 4x ? 2y + 4z = ?16
    x + 3y ? 5z = ?12
    2x + 3y ? 4z = ?6

2. Use normal vectors to determine the intersection, if any, for each of the following groups of three planes. Give a geometric interpretation in each case and the number of solutions for the corresponding linear system of equations. If the planes intersect in a line, determine a vector equation of the line. If the planes intersect in a point, determine the coordinates of the point.

a. x ?2y ?2z = 6
    2x ? 5y + 3z = ?10
    3x ? 4y + z = ?1

b. x ? y + 3z = 4
    x + y + 2z = 2
    3x + y + 7z = 9

any intersection of two planes results in a straight line
like we say that point of intersection of two lines
it is line of intersection of two planes.
so when you are given three planes, there would be three lines of intersections (taking two planes at time)
maybe it will gt easier for you to solve when you do it with three lines.

I don't feel like riding until everything blurs.

Ask Me Maths Questions

wrote...
12 years ago
Or you can do it using matrices. Continue what pinkish rosey wrote down until you get:

[1 0 0 1]
[0 1 0 1]
[0 0 1 1]
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1090 People Browsing
 120 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352