l
t
S
m
s
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
9 years ago
I would like to know on what cause inflammation from Eczema and how to confirm on whether it relates to deficiency in vitamin A or not.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Eczema is inflammation of the skin. It is characterized by itchy, erythematous, vesicular, weeping, and crusting patches.

Vitamin A has anti-inflammatory effects.
Read 4083 times
8 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
9 years ago
I would imagine that due to people being in often poorly-ventilated, dusty, dark conditions, Eczema has the opportunity to thrive. Of course people not eating properly, going outside + being healthy during the winter may have some repercussions too.
wrote...
9 years ago
Less blood flow to the skin's surface, causing drier skin?
wrote...
9 years ago
Think what is different about Winter.

Lack of sunlight, being indoors in artificially dry conditions, exposure to stale air, exposure to other people's germs.

Vitamin A & D (cod liver oil) can help.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago
Less blood flow to the skin's surface, causing drier skin?

It is strange that Inflammation from Eczema only occur some area at the back of my hands, and inflammation do not occur everywhere.  I would like to know on what cause inflammation at the first place, if my skin is drier from losing water molecules, what cause Eczema  and how do it relate to the inflammation?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
Are you 100% certain it is eczema? Was it diagnosed by an MD?
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
oemBiology Author
wrote...
9 years ago Edited: 9 years ago, oem7110
Eczema

Yes, doctor called it "housewives' (hand) eczema".

I get a few spots at the back of my hands, which is about 2~3 cm diameter.
Their locations are fixed over 10 years, I usually use a drop of creams and bandages covering the inflamed area and it would cure overnight, the inflamed area needs water to be repaired.  I would like to know on whether the protected layers on skin's surface are damaged permanently or not.

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
I'm guessing you take Lyderm to treat your condition? Lyderm is steriod that prevents your affected skin from forming new damaged cells. Since it is topical, it's mainly treating epidermal cells.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
Valued Member
9 years ago
Hey there! I've got the same problem and was diagnosed.. It indeed does happen in the same place every year, and mainly the hands even though I have seen people's eczema spread up to their wrists...
My doctor said that the causes of eczema are still not conclusively set straight. However, yes it does correlate well with winter, dehydration if you're not drinking enough water, using some bad soap or detergent while washing your hands, excessively washing your hands, and believe it or not, anger and stress..
There is no cure at the moment other that steroidal creams.. He prescribed a cream that heals it overnight, but I stopped using it since it was no good..

An alternative, which very well works with me is changing the soap bar.
He presrcribed the soap blue dove bar. Dove is highly moisturized, and has bethnoate which eases our inflammation by the histamines being released making our dry skin crack.
It works beautifully but ever since my diagnosis 4 years ago, I have not used any soap heavily as much as dove  Face with Rolling Eyes

Another cream that is widely used in my region is called CLIPP.. Again, I don't like creams but only use them in extreme cases when, for example I need to write and my knuckles are rigid.

I am a naturalist, and prefer to use home remedies. For example, I have an aloe plant at all times ready for emergency cases. Aloe helps a lot! And the dove bar! Side by side, they go well during winter Slight Smile

I hope these help you  Smiling Face with Halo Take care
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  960 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion