t
S
m
s
whitecaddy26 whitecaddy26
wrote...
Rep: 3 0
13 years ago
I need help with this question, please!!

In the nerve conduction velocity experiment, if any of the nerves used were reversed in their placement on the stimulating and recording electrodes, would there be any differences seen in conduction velocity? Explain.        Thanks!!!

Read 4558 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
13 years ago
Mine goes up to question 16... Confounded Face
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
whitecaddy26 Author
wrote...
13 years ago
I think I got it or atleast I hope i figured it out!!!! Thanks though!!!   Smiling Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
13 years ago
No because the same conduction exists
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
If any of the nerves used were reversed in their placement on the stimulating and recording electrodes, would any differences be seen in conduction velocity? Explain.

No. Once a neural membrane is depolarized and the impulse is being conducted along the neural membrane, which direction is which does not matter. We state that a neural impulse is set up in the neuron’s trigger zone (mainly due to the large number of sodium channels there) but once the depolarization is set up, it not only travels down the axon but also around the soma of the cell.
wrote...
13 years ago Edited: 13 years ago, kong
If any of the nerves used were reversed in their placement on the stimulating and recording electrodes, would any differences be seen in conduction velocity? Explain.

No. Once a neural membrane is depolarized and the impulse is being conducted along the neural membrane, which direction is which does not matter. We state that a neural impulse is set up in the neuron’s trigger zone (mainly due to the large number of sodium channels there) but once the depolarization is set up, it not only travels down the axon but also around the soma of the cell.
THANKS so much I needed this too, can't wait till reading week llol
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  976 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: Do you believe in global warming?