You need to login first

Login information

Haven't yet registered?

Support Us

If you found our community helpful, your small donation will continue to help us reach more students around the globe. You may also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
Pages: 1     Go Down
  New Topic  |  Print  
intro quiz
Read 10356 times | 2 Replies | Average Rating: 5 Star Rating
sweets387
Octopus
Rep:  +2   -0

For a more comfortable homework help experience, try HomeworkClinic.com.
Introductory Quiz

Return to Assessment List

Part 1 of 1 -    92.0/ 100.0 Points
Question 1 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Course extensions are available for which of the following reasons?

A. "too busy" with work and family commitments.    

B. all of the above.    

C. vacation.    
Correct    
   D. documented military deployment.    

Answer Key: D
Feedback: Good job! APUS Professors can provide course extensions for documented military deployment and military-related activities. Students are not eligible for course extensions for personal reasons such as being "too busy", going on vacation or non-military work issues. Courses start every month, so be sure you take classes that fit around your personal schedule. Equally, instructors are not permitted such extensions either!
Question 2 of 25    0.0/ 4.0 Points
The course professor is required to have student work graded

A. within 48 hours of when the student turns in the assignment.    
Incorrect    
   B. within 7 days of when the student turns in the assignment.    

C. anytime before the end of the course.    

D. within 5 days of the due date and time.    

Feedback: It is APUS/AMU policy that all instructors must grade completed student work submitted for grading within 5 days of the DUE DATE AND TIME for that assignment. If you submitted your assignment by the due date, and do not see a grade after 5 days from the due date and time, check to be sure you have "submitted" the assignment for grading. If you have but the assignment is not graded, send a polite request to your instructor to complete grading.
Question 3 of 25    0.0/ 4.0 Points
All students are required to turn in assignments

A. at their own pace.    
Incorrect    
   B. always by Sunday nights at 11:59 PM.    

C. any time before the last day of class.    

D. according to the assigned due date and time for that particular assignment.    

Feedback: Assignments are typically due on Sunday nights however due dates and times may vary by assignment and class, so do not assume a Sunday night 11:59 PM due date in all classes. It's always a good idea to avoid procrastination, so try to budget time throughout the week to work on your courses. Each student is responsible for meeting due dates and times, and late work may be rejected or subject to deductions as per APUS policies.
Question 4 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Information on weekly assignments may be found in which location(s)?

A. The Syllabus    

B. The Weekly "Lessons"    

C. The "Assignments" and "Tests and Quizzes" links inside the APUS classroom    

D. Personal e-mails from the instructor telling the student what to do.    
Correct    
   E. Choices A, B, and C are correct.    

Answer Key: E
Feedback: Good job! Be sure to read each week's "Lessons", become familiar with the "Course Outline" in the syllabus, and the items in "Assignments" and "Tests and Quizzes" in the classroom.
Question 5 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Instructors are required to reply to student emails within how many hours?
Correct    
   A. 48    

B. 12    

C. 36    

D. 24    

Answer Key: A
Feedback: Good job! It is University policy that instructors reply to student emails within 48 hours. If an instructor does not reply right away please await a response - your instructor is likely not online if you do not hear back immediately. Instructors, like students, also experience internet outages, have hospital emergencies and other unanticipated urgencies. If 48 hours (two full days) have passed, contact for assistance. Always be polite - the last thing you want is to send your instructor an angry e-mail just to find out they have been in an accident or are otherwise in unfortunate circumstances.
Question 6 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
The five institutional learning objectives at APUS include all but which of the following?
Correct    
   A. proficiency with video and audio technology    

B. communication in written form    

C. ability to apply learned knowledge to the "real world"    

D. the ability to express viewpoints other than their own and to think critically    

Feedback: Good job! Please see the syllabus or Student Handbook for detail on the five institutional objectives. It's a good idea to keep these in mind as you go through each course to help frame what you are learning into a broader context. Even though this is a science course, you will be graded on your writing skills (i.e. spelling, grammar, etc.) as "communication in the written form" is one of the five institutional learning objectives here at APUS.
Question 7 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
A student can drop a class without financial penalty until
Correct    
   A. the end of the first week of class, which is a Sunday.    

B. the fourth week of class.    

C. the end of the first day of class.    

D. never.    

Feedback: Good job! Students sometimes wait through the first week to assess whether to stay in a class. Be sure to log into classes early and ask any questions you have so that you can be sure to spend your education dollars wisely
Question 8 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
My student advisor can help me

A. understand how to complete my assignments.    

B. if I haven't received my textbooks.    

C. if I cannot reach my instructor via email.    
Correct    
   D. decide what courses to take.    

Feedback: Good job! Your Student Advisor can help you with course selection and act as a liaison to other APUS offices if you don't know who to contact.
Question 9 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Getting help on an assignment from a classmate or another person without prior approval or direction from the instructor to do so is

A. only acceptable for exams    

B. fine to do at any time.    

C. only acceptable for papers.    
Correct    
   D. plagiarism.    

Feedback: Good job! "Plagiarism" is often an unfamiliar term/concept for many students, but it is a serious academic offense whether deliberate or accidental. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the plagiarism policy in the Student Handbook or in the classroom link under "Syllabus". Ask your instructor if you have any questions or are in doubt.
Question 10 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Proper 'nettiquette' in the online classroom allows:

A. Sending repeated angry and argumentative email messages to your professor.    

B. Verbally putting your classmates or their opinions down on discussion boards.    

C. The use of curse words and other 'inappropriate', unprofessional language in the classroom.    
Correct    
   D. None of the above    

Feedback: Good job! Please see ‘nettiquette’ guide in the "Policies" section of your course syllabus.
Question 11 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Quizzes and exams cannot be made up after the due date unless prior instructor approval has been granted.
Correct    
   A. true    

B. false    

Feedback: Good job! As stated in the late policy, quizzes and exams cannot be made up if not taken AND submitted by their due date and time UNLESS discussed with the instructor in advance. Written assignments can be made up within one week after the due date but a 5% penalty will be applied for each day the assignment is tardy. Therefore, do your best to keep up with the weekly assignments and don't fall behind as the course moves quickly.
Question 12 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Students at APUS/AMU can work at their own pace, regardless of classroom deadlines.
Incorrect
CorrectIncorrect

A. True
B. False

Answer Key: False
Feedback: Good job! Please see the Student Handbook for student participation requirements. Every student must participate weekly and on time as directed in class.
Question 13 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Readings and assignments will never change once class starts.
Incorrect
CorrectIncorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! The syllabus is a guideline, but it is a fact of the Internet that sometimes weblinks for readings and work may become inactive and require a change. Also, courses with low enrollments may need to be altered to maintain course integrity (e.g. discussion boards and group projects may have to be adjusted to small enrollments). Your instructor should keep you up to date if changes are needed.
Question 14 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Discussion Boards are mandatory in this course.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Answer Key: True
Feedback: Good job! There is a great deal of research on the positive value of student interaction in the classroom - be sure to take advantage of these assignments!
Question 15 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
E-mails to the instructor aren't anonymous and may not be confidential.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! Not only will the instructor read your e-mails, but they may be read by your instructors' supervisors or APUS officials resolving disputes. The same is true for instructor emails to students. All correspondence - in or out of the classroom - serves as an official record of the course.
Question 16 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
If a student hasn't received ALL of his/her course materials by the first day of class s/he should contact to check on the status of his/her order.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that the people who work in the books department work "normal" business hours, Monday-Friday, Eastern time. If a student waits until Saturday or Sunday at the end of the first week s/he will not get a response e-mail until Week #2 and will no longer be able to drop the course without penalty. If a student does not have his/her course materials by the last day of the first week of class (the first Sunday of class) s/he should drop the class and sign up for it the next available session.
Question 17 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
If I'm not clear on a particular topic I can look for additional readings in the Online Library.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! The Online Library is an excellent source of information and has a collection that rivals large research universities! If you need help, ask your instructor or email an online librarian for assistance.
Question 18 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Since this isn't an English course, my grammar and spelling don't matter.
Incorrect
CorrectIncorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! Grammar and writing style are always important. Please see the APUS institutional learning objective on "Communication". Be sure to follow writing advice provided in COLL100, English courses and through the Online Library's tutoring as spelling and grammar will count toward your grade on many assignments throughout the course.
Question 19 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
The "end-of-course" survey is an excellent opportunity for students to make productive comments to help instructors improve courses.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! This survey will be emailed to you at your personal e-mail address on record after the course ends. Be sure to be polite and specific - "great class" doesn't identify what is great about it and "lousy class" doesn't identify what is bad. The instructor won't know what to keep or change. Instead, try "I enjoyed having my kids help me with the labs", or "I didn't feel I had enough information to gain much from the Discussion Board critical thinking assignments", for example.
Question 20 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
It is okay to "cut and paste" from other Internet sites or texts when submitting any of your writing assignments such as discussion forums, research papers, or labs.
Incorrect
CorrectIncorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! The exact words of another author must be put in quotation marks and credit must be given to that author. Paraphrasing is permitted, but students must cite the author just as if exact quotes were used. If a student paraphrases and does not cite the author, it is considered plagiarism. When providing direct quotes, keep in mind that you should not only cite your resources properly in APA format but that you should keep your direct quotes minimal, less than 10% of your papers or discussion forums.
Question 21 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
I can get 10 hours of free tutoring through the Online Library.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! Be sure to check with your instructor or with a librarian (they are very helpful!) to take advantage of your free tutoring. Tutoring is for anyone - excellent if you are having difficulty or if you just want to improve your study skills to make studying more efficient. Try it - it's free!
Question 22 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Students can check their course grade progress through "Gradebook" in the online classroom
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! "Gradebook" is the automated grade calculation portion of the online classroom software. Check to see what the the grade status represents, for example, average of assignments to date or average of all assignments in the course. Ask questions if needed!
Question 23 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Sarcasm and other such dark humor translate well in the online classroom.
Incorrect
CorrectIncorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! Much human communication is conducted through facial expression, tone of voice and other visual and aural signals. These are lost in the online classroom if no audio or video is present, so PLEASE be careful that your humor is not misunderstood. Sarcasm is often lost in writing and interpreted as mean-spirited, so be sure to use "emoticons" or parenthetical words (kidding!, e.g.) if you feel your words may be misunderstood. Better safe than sorry.
Question 24 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
Regarding Discussion Forums: In this class, your original posts should be posted as a "Post New Thread" under the assigned “Topic Name” of the corresponding week’s “Discussion Forum Entry”.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Good job! See the syllabus for step-by-step instructions on how to submit your original and reply posts if you need further clarification.
Question 25 of 25    4.0/ 4.0 Points
If I have any questions about course material or course procedures I should ask the instructor.
CorrectIncorrect
Incorrect

A. True
B. False

Feedback: Absolutely. Let me know if you have questions. If they are general course material or course procedure questions, PLEASE post them in the appropriate "Q&A" section in "Forums" - if you have a question, chances are others in the class have the same question. If your question is of a personal nature, send me an e-mail. Please keep non-personal items in the classroom for the benefit of all and personal items in e-mail for your privacy.

Report this PostReport Abuse
replies
Reply# 1
Rep:  +0   -0

3 years ago

Thank you! Cool

Report this PostReport Abuse
Reply# 2
Rep:  +2   -0

3 years ago

Congratulations
this site helped me