t
S
m
s
andzo andzo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
13 years ago
Hi, I've got a few questions that I'm unsure of, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

________ studies the changes in form that occur between conception and physical maturity.

A midsagittal section would pass through the ___________ (I think the answer is heart?)

The integrating center for the negative feedback loop that regulates body temperature is the _________ (I think the answer is hypothalamus?)

Which is not correct about the reaction H2 + Cl2 ? 2 HCl (I think the answer is this reaction is easily reversible?)

In chemical notation, the symbol Ca2+ means ________ (I think the answer is a calcium ion that has gained two electrons?)

Read 6134 times
11 Replies
Replies
Answer verified by a subject expert
boeingboeing
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free

Related Topics

wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
1) Developmental Anatomy
2) Mid line of the body dividing it into right and left halves.
3) hypothalamus
4) Need to see other choices to choose incorrect one.
5) Calcium ion which has lost 2 electrons

Thanks Rit727.
andzo Author
wrote...
13 years ago
2) kidney. OR spleen. OR heart. OR lung. OR leg.
4) This reaction is easily reversible.  OR H2 and Cl2 are the reactants. OR HCl is the product. OR  2 molecules of HCl are formed in the reaction. OR 1 molecule of hydrogen contains two atoms.

Thanks for helping so far, I really appreciate it
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
2) kidney. OR spleen. OR heart. OR lung. OR leg.
4) This reaction is easily reversible.  OR H2 and Cl2 are the reactants. OR HCl is the product. OR  2 molecules of HCl are formed in the reaction. OR 1 molecule of hydrogen contains two atoms.

Thanks for helping so far, I really appreciate it

What textbook is this?
andzo Author
wrote...
13 years ago
fundamental of anatomy and physiology
wrote...
Donated
13 years ago
2) Heart (since it is the only organ listed which is found along the mid line)
4) The reaction is easily reversable (theoretically all chemical reactions can be reversible; the process is not easy)
andzo Author
wrote...
13 years ago
I've got a few more, I hope you don't mind

An important buffer in body fluids is    HCl.    OR      NaCl.      OR      NaHCO3.     OR     NaOH.       OR       H2O. (I think the answer is NaHCO3)

When a small amount of HCl or NaOH is added to a solution of Na2HPO4, the pH of the solution barely changes. Based on these observations, all of the following are true concerning the compound Na2HPO4, except
   Na2HPO4 is able to accept extra hydrogen ions from the HCl.   OR  Na2HPO4 adsorbs excess H+ and OH- directly onto the surface of its crystalline structure.   OR  Na2HPO4 is a salt formed from reacting a strong base with a weak acid.   OR  Na2HPO4 acts as a buffer.   OR  Na2HPO4 is able to donate hydrogen ions to the OH- from NaOH.
(not sure about this one)

Most of the lipid in the human body is in the form of    cholesterol OR diglycerides OR triglycerides OR phospholipids
(I'm not sure but I'm deciding between cholesterol and triglycerides)

A shortage of cholesterol in the body could interfere with the formation of
proteins. OR sex hormones.plasma membranes. OR glycogen. OR both sex hormones and plasma membranes
(I'm not sure about this one either but I'm deciding between proteins and glycogen)

You would expect a peptide bond to link (two amino acids?)

The hydrolysis of ATP yields ADP, phosphate ion, and (AMP?)

Water crosses the plasma membrane primarily by means of   bilayer diffusion OR facilitated diffusion OR active transport OR transmembrane channels (I think the answer is bilayer diffusion but I'm unsure about it)

Imagine two rigid chambers separated by a rigid membrane that is freely permeable to water but impermeable to glucose. Side 1 contains a 10 percent glucose solution and side 2 contains pure water. At equilibrium, what will be the situation?
                                                                                  Water will continue to move from side 1 to side 2.  OR  The hydrostatic pressure will be higher in side 1.  OR  The hydrostatic pressure will be higher in side 2.  OR  Water will continue to move from side 2 to side 1.  OR  No way to tell what the situation will be. (I'm clueless about this one, no idea)

I hope these questions are not too much trouble, I'm happy with whatever help I get given, I appreciate it! Slight Smile
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
andzo, always start a new subject whenever you have a new set of questions.
andzo Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Oh I thought this was the Chemistry of A&P, meaning that it still came under A&P section
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
You're fine to ask it in this board, but you're better off creating a new topic because otherwise most members won't bother reading a topic with 16 replies.
andzo Author
wrote...
13 years ago
Oh, I understand Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  789 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 144

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?