t
S
m
s
fathead fathead
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Having troubles with the review questions, What happens to the amount of total force the muscle generates during the stimulation twitch? how well did the results compare with your prediction?  I predicted total force can increase or decrease depending upon the starting resting length. It looks like it decreased not matter if the muscle was stretched or shortened, but the passive force rose with increasing the length of muscle?

What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle? I put down " the muscle stays at a fixed length"?

also would like help with 3rd 4th and 5th questions as well, Exercise 2, activity 6, or all of this exercise to see if my answers are correct up to now...

Thank You for you time
Source  PhysioEx 9.0  Exercise 2
Read 18592 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
The length-tension relationship. The passive force is important in determining the active force produced.

What is the key variable in an isometric contraction of a skeletal muscle? I put down " the muscle stays at a fixed length"?
Answer verified by a subject expert
trintrin
wrote...
Donated
Valued Member
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 330 words.
lordbeelzebub3
Volunteers are seldom paid; not because they are worthless, but because they are PRICELESS!