t
i
r
r
naylzz naylzz
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Please help with exercises 4,5,7,8, and 9. This is so confusing to me.
Source  Zao,Stabler,Smith,Peterson,Lokuta
Read 1941 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Please follow the forum rules, post one to two questions per thread. If you have a specific question, say #3 and #7, post the questions, and we'll gladly assist you.
naylzz Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Okay, I apologize. I am new to this. I have already found the answers I needed thanks to "saintsnurse". Thank you!
wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Okay, I apologize. I am new to this. I have already found the answers I needed thanks to "saintsnurse". Thank you!

Awesome Smiling Face with Open Mouth Mind sharing them?
naylzz Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Sure, but this is the whole entire exercise.

PhysioEx 8.0 Skeletal muscle Physiology

Oct 30, 2011

I found these on another website because i was having troubles too. Hope this helps you some!

Electrical Stimulation
1. Name each phase of a typical muscle twitch, and, on the following line, describe what is happening in each phase.
a. Latent-stage from rest to muscle tension begins

b. Contraction-At this stage the muscle reaches its peak in contraction

c. Relaxation- muscle is shortened, returns to zero and back initial length.

2. In Activity 2, how long was the latent period? ___2.2_______ msec
Describe the chemical changes that are occurring during this period.
Calicum levels are low since muscle contaction is not at its peak. Preparing for the the contraction Ca begin the process of sending Acetychlorine binding to the Sacroplasma

The Graded Muscle Response to Increased Stimulus Intensity
3. From Activity 3, describe the effect of increasing the voltage. What happened to the force generated and why did this change occur? Higher voltage results in higher force and a higher contractile force

4. How does this change occur in vivo?Tthe more stimulus of muscle require more work on the cells which requires more Ca+2 to facilitate this stimulus increase.

5. In Activity 4, you looked at the effect of stimulating the muscle multiple times in a short period with complete relaxation between the stimuli.
Describe the force of contraction with each subsequent stimulus. The force of contraction is higher with each subsequent stimulus.

6. Describe the chemical changes that are thought to correlate to this change in vivo. this requires more Ca+2 in the sacroplasm and more activity on the thin filament for cross-bridge attachments.

7. In Activity 5, what was the effect of increasing the frequency of stimulation?   Increase frequency of stimuli result in increased muscle tension.

8. Compare and contrast wave summation with recruitment (multiple motor unit summation). How are they similar? How was each achieved in the simulation?   They...

wrote...
Educator
11 years ago
Thanks Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1126 People Browsing
 103 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?